creating Ann Arbor Family Photography art
Family Portraits can be Fun
Your portrait does not have to… have everyone dressed in their best clothes… You can truly be interacting and sharing a fun moment!
Let’s find out what kind of portrait to make.
Because we have many options, we need to chat.
Together we will plan it days before the session.
We will narrow down and pinpoint what your portrait style is.
- Something playful?
- Something tender?
- Something formal?
- love Black and White family photography?
- prefer a family portrait at one of the Ann Arbor area parks?
Your portrait possibilities:
- you may be involved in an activity you enjoy together…
- you may be in a cozy corner in your home
- or in a nook of your yard
- or at a park in the area…
- you maybe at a beach
- or the family place up north…
With a bit of thought and planning we can make the perfect portrait for this time in your family’s life!
Every Family is Different:
So we tailor your portrait session to your Style
Families come in many flavors. Portrait styles reflect the differences.
- looking for a generational portrait with grandparents and the kids?
- celebrating your first new baby into the family?
- kids already almost in middle school?
- decorate your home with lush colors and period furniture?
- prefer clean lines and minimalist styling?
Just as decorating sensibilities vary greatly, portrait styles are different as well.
Colleen talks with each client to preplan your session and to match your needs and style with one of her family photography portrait styles.
Start planning your Family portrait session Now!
Family life can be very busy.
I hope this inspires you to take the next step in creating your family portrait.
Please take a moment now and contact me to get started on making your family portrait happen!
Regarding cost of a session and prints, most families spend between $500 and $3000 depending on tastes and budget. Sessions start at $100 for child, $150 for family portraits during the week. Weekend photography sessions add $75.
I feel your portrait should displayed in a way that will get you max satisfaction. When we show your pictures after the session at a Big Show, I’ll suggest some display options as part of the whole family portrait.
How your portrait looks on your wall in your home See how here is an aspect of family portraiture that many forget about when planning a family portrait session!
Call 734.426.0700 to chat or email
P.S. As of June 2109 we make portraits only on-location.